The Boston College Eagles football staff thinks they might have found a diamond in the rough in two-way 2014 newcomer Kam Moore.
Moore, who comes to Chestnut Hill from near our nation’s capital in Arlington, Virginia, was a safety for Bishop O’Connell High School.
More from Football
- Offensive Coordinator Ryan Day Leaves Boston College Football
- Colton Lichtenberg Commits to Boston College Football; Shores Up Kicking Game
- Soaring to Glory Show, Jan. 21, 2015: We’re Back, Baby
- Cost of Attendance: You Know, Boston College Has a Point
- Boston College Recruiting: Football Offers Jeremy Larkin, Jayson Ademilola
During the time period surrounding his recruitment, Kam Moore seemed like something of a mystery to us. Outside of a
, there was little available on the internet to peruse.
What fans should note, however, is that while we on the outside did not have a lot of information on Moore, the coaching staff did. When they saw his tape, his recruitment became a priority to them.
The Washington Post tells the story of how things went for Moore and the Eagles after they got wind of his abilities and paid him a visit:
"“I talked with [BC assistant coach] Frank Leonard, who recruits this area, for a good bit and they kind of fell in love with Kam and his film,” O’Connell Coach Del Smith said. “Don Brown likes height and Kam fits that bill, and once they saw what he could do at camp, he got that call with an offer.”Smith said that Moore’s physical play, high football IQ and proficiency in one-on-one coverage also stood out to the Boston College coaches, giving them a glimpse of what Smith saw all last season in his first year as the Knights head coach.Boston College secures football commitment from O’Connell’s Kam Moore, Brandon Parker"
Moore was an Eagle within days of getting his offer. Yet, while the maroon and gold uniform is now his, when will his step onto the field?
Kam Moore: Fast Facts
- Position: Defensive back/running back
- Hometown: Arlington, Virginia
- High School: Bishop Denis J. O’Connell High School, Arlington, VA
- Measurements: 6-foot-1, 190 lb.
- Class year at 2014 opener: Freshman
- BC games played: 0
Kam Moore: 2013 Season (HS)
- Running back and safety
- Cumulative statistics: 738 rushing yards, 9 TD
- Did not appear on Spring 2014 roster
Ready to predict the 2014 Eagles’ season? Click here to vote in our poll.
Versatility is never a bad thing in a player, and with Kam Moore, the coaching staff knows that they can use him on the field in several different ways.
If he is used this season, however, it will probably be in a more limited capacity as he learns the system. A redshirt is a viable potential outcome.
Missed any 2014 player or season previews? Click the “114 Days” tag below to catch up on what we’ve shared so far.