Former Boston College Eagles star Andre Williams will make his NFL debut tonight on Monday Night Football against the Detroit Lions.
More from Football
- Offensive Coordinator Ryan Day Leaves Boston College Football
- Colton Lichtenberg Commits to Boston College Football; Shores Up Kicking Game
- Soaring to Glory Show, Jan. 21, 2015: We’re Back, Baby
- Cost of Attendance: You Know, Boston College Has a Point
- Boston College Recruiting: Football Offers Jeremy Larkin, Jayson Ademilola
Now a member of the New York Giants, Williams is listed second on the depth chart behind Rashad Jennings, a running back in his sixth year out of Liberty.
With the retirement of Chris Snee, Williams is the only former Eagle on the Giants’ offensive depth chart, but recent former Boston College football players Mathias Kiwanuka and Mark Herzlich appear on the Giants’ depth chart on defense.
One of Andre Williams’ former teammates, Nate Freese, will also make his NFL debut on Monday Night Football tonight. Freese was named the Detroit Lions kicker out of camp, which is quite an honor for a rookie.
During the preseason, Andre Williams, Boston College’s all-time leader in rushing yards and a 2013 Heisman Trophy finalist, had 38 carries for 195 yards and two touchdowns, averaging just over five yards per rush.
Meanwhile, Nate Freese was 6-for-6 on field goal attempts, making a preseason long of 55 yards against Oakland. His only blemish was a missed extra point during the experimental phase of longer point-after kicks.
The Monday Night Football meeting between Williams’s Giants and Freese’s Lions is set to kick off at approximately 7:10pm Eastern on ESPN.