We are sufficiently far into the 2014-15 college hoops season that we can unfurl the ACC basketball Week 5 power rankings.
More from Basketball
- Boston College Basketball: Jim Christian Making Best of Bad Situation
- ACC Basketball: When Will Boston College’s Losing Streak End?
- Syracuse 69, Boston College 61: Rapid, Uncut Reactions
- Why Boston College Wins (or Loses): Game 17, Syracuse Basketball
- Week 11 ACC Basketball Power Rankings: Boston College Bottom-Feeding
Who wants to see power rankings after the first week, anyway? Give us some sample size, and now, we at least have about a quarter of the season or more complete.
Besides, with the ACC football power rankings out of the way until the very end of the bowl season, it’s time to make room for the new.
As for Boston College, we know their deal. Last season was one of their worst in history, losing a program record 24 games and another record of 63 games over a three-year span. Expectations were believably low.
Seven games in, nobody would probably go so far as to say the Eagles are good, but they have two quality non-conference wins in New Mexico and Providence; last year, they did not have any. They are also definitely not the worst team in the ACC.
It will be a long road back to respectability for the Eagles, but at least in the initial power rankings, they have climbed out of the basement.