Boston College fans seemed pleased in their Syracuse game reactions; it might not have been much of a contest, but it was a seventh win.
More from Football
- Offensive Coordinator Ryan Day Leaves Boston College Football
- Colton Lichtenberg Commits to Boston College Football; Shores Up Kicking Game
- Soaring to Glory Show, Jan. 21, 2015: We’re Back, Baby
- Cost of Attendance: You Know, Boston College Has a Point
- Boston College Recruiting: Football Offers Jeremy Larkin, Jayson Ademilola
It was cold and the student section was empty due to the holiday weekend, but Boston College gradually pulled away from the hapless Orange offense and won, 28-7. Just like last season, the Eagles finish with a 7-5 record and now wait for word of which bowl game will take them. We could be waiting about a week to get the news.
In the meantime, there is still plenty of reaction we can juice out of this win over Syracuse. To aggregate what the fans and the team were saying, as always, we turn to Storify.
Boston College vs. Syracuse Game Reactions
Our Reactions to the Syracuse Game Reactions
- When the team wins on Senior Day, it does not really matter how they did it, just that they did it. As it was in 2013, our seniors went out of Alumni Stadium as winners. Unlike in 2013, the Eagles will hope to send everybody home this offseason with a trophy and an eighth win.
- Something we did not include in the generally upbeat reactions we collected above, but it is out there in Boston College circles: this idea that fans are complacent with going 7-5. For the record, I would not be able to tolerate 7-5 seasons on an annual basis, but last year, it was more than fine, and this year, they still overperformed from “expert” expectations. Steve Addazio in inherited a program in very bad shape and has had two winning seasons. This program will eventually have to take this up a notch and start contending, but for now, this is acceptable. Boston College football is fun again.