Bob DeChiara-USA TODAY Sports
These days, it seems like Boston College head football coach Steve Addazio and his coaches are everywhere. There might be something to it.
This coaching staff puts a high premium on recruiting, understanding its value to a program and therefore working very hard to make sure that the best recruits come to Boston College. Short of that, they at least endeavor to be on their radars, with the possibility of things paying off down the road.
Today, there are five more examples of offers that were out on 2015 players. Steve Addazio and company struck out on several, but the effort is most definitely there.
Boston College Football Recruiting
• Ohio defensive tackle [Kraig Howe] commits to Pitt (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Jerry DiPaola)
• Southfield defensive back Ray Buford Jr. sets the bar high for summer 2014 (Michigan Live, Greg Farrand)
• Eagles pursuing Channing Hames (MetroNews, Allan Taylor; scroll to bottom of piece)
• UConn football receives 2015 commitment from Marshe Terry (WTNH/SportzEdge, Kels Dayton)
• Sam Madden, big Barnegat tackle and national recruit, selects Wisconsin Badgers (NJ.com, Todderick Hunt)
All five of the above-referenced recruits hold offers from Boston College. Some were bigger longshots than others, and there will be even bigger longshots than these, but seeing “offer from Boston College” pop up repeatedly in daily searches speaks to the aggressiveness of Steve Addazio and the Eagles in seeking new recruits.
Ultimately, this is a results business, and it would be nice to eventually land more blue-chip recruits, but so far, what Steve Addazio and his associates have done in a very short amount of time (relatively speaking) is encouraging.
On the next page, more BC football news and a feature on Boston College hockey goalie Thatcher Demko