When it’s the UMass Offense vs. BC Defense on Saturday, Steven Daniels could emerge as star of the show.
He is one of the known quantities remaining on a defense that lost two-thirds of his fellow starting linebackers and most of the starters in front of him on the defensive line.
Yet, new stars could also be born for the Eagles as Harold Landry will most likely make his Boston College debut at Gillette Stadium. One thing is for sure, following a year of inconsistency, someone will need to rise up for the maroon and gold in their second year under defensive coordinator Don Brown.
UMass Offense vs. BC Defense: Statistical Comparison (2013)
• UMass had one of the nation’s worst offenses last season, 122nd in FBS with 281.6 yards per game
• BC’s defense wasn’t that much better at 93rd with 428.2 yards per game
• The Minutemen essentially didn’t score in 2013 with 11.7 points per game (123rd)
• The Eagles gave up 28.9 points per game last season (78th)
• UMass was sub-par on 3rd down, converting 36.02% of the time (90th)
• BC was likewise sub-par in stopping the other team with 42.33% converted (88th)
Next page: Breakdown and final analysis