The 2014 Boston College football player previews continue with junior tight end Louie Addazio.
His last name carries some weight within the program, largely because his father, Steve Addazio, is in charge of it.
Addazio is on the roster as a junior, but a transfer has gotten in the middle of that: he used to attend Syracuse, but when his father got the Eagles job, Louie transferred to Chestnut Hill.
What can we expect from Addazio in 2014?
Louie Addazio #81: Fast Facts
- Position: Tight end
- Hometown: Gainesville, Florida
- High School: Buchholz High School
- Previous College: Syracuse
- Measurements: 6-foot-3, 248 lb.
- Age at 2014 season opener: 21
- BC games played: 6
- Cumulative stats (Syracuse): Did not play due to injury
Louie Addazio #81: 2013 Season
- Games played: 6
- Appeared on depth chart for the 2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl at the “Y” position.
- Appeared on Spring 2013 and 2014 rosters.
(Steve) Addazio does not seem like the kind of coach who would force his son’s way onto the field. This isn’t like those times in high school drama where the director would always cast her daughter in the lead roles: in college football, the auditions actually matter and (Louie) Addazio knows like everybody else that he will have to earn his playing time.
With the starting tight end position seemingly wide open in 2014 — Mike Naples is out the door and CJ Parsons is both out the door and has his own set of problems — Addazio could at the very least find his way into more games. Exactly how many more is hard to say, and given that we have seen so little of him on the field, that might be a difficult determination for those of us on the outside to make.