Filling out brackets is fun. Making the brackets to fill out requires a slightly greater investment of time but is rewarding.
For the upcoming 2014 NCAA Hockey Tournament, there are still questions to be answered, such as who will win? Who will be in? Who will play where?
It is not my intention to answer those questions today with any definition. Rather, the goal of “Quasi-Bracketology” is to propose an NCAA Tournament field that is to my liking. In other words, this might not be the way the bracket would actually look if it was created by the committee today, but this is the bracket I would put together.
Without further ado, Quasi-Bracketology.
(Based upon PairWise Rankings as of March 3)
* – Denotes projected conference champion
1. Minnesota Golden Gophers (Big Ten)*
2. Boston College Eagles (Hockey East)*
3. Union Dutchmen (ECAC)*
4. St. Cloud State Huskies (NCHC)
5. Wisconsin Badgers (Big Ten)
6. Ferris State Bulldogs (WCHA)*
7. Quinnipiac Bobcats (ECAC)
8. Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks (Hockey East)
9. North Dakota Fightin’ North Dakotans (NCHC; not really their name)*
10. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (Hockey East)
11. Providence Friars (Hockey East)
12. Michigan Wolverines (Big Ten)
13. Cornell Big Red (ECAC)
14. Vermont Catamounts (Hockey East)
15. Northeastern Huskies (Hockey East)
16. Mercyhurst Lakers (Atlantic)*
See the bracket on the next page