This is normally the day of the week where I, your faithful editor, furnishes you with a pick of the Boston College football game. Since there is no Boston College Eagles football game this week, we can pick lots of other things.
Boston College Picks
• Percentage of Boston College students who will notice there’s no football game this week, over/under 50: UNDER
• Number of inebriated freshmen who will fall asleep in bathroom stalls on Newton this weekend, over/under 3.5: OVER
• Number of articles Kyle Egan will write in the next week after opening the STG London office, over/under 4.5: OVER (don’t make me look stupid)
• Number of Soaring to Glory unique visits this weekend, over/under eleventy-point-three thousand: OVER
• Georgia Tech over North Carolina. I like the cut of their triple action jib.
• Virginia Tech over Marshall. Game could be messier than people expect.
• Wake Forest over Army. But not by much. They could be this year what BC was last year at Michie Stadium.
• Pittsburgh over Duke. Zero confidence in this one.
• Syracuse over Tulane. I suppose.
• Maryland over West Virginia. Could be the 4-0 Terps? What is this sorcery?
• Virginia over VMI. Poor Keydets.
• Florida State over Bethune-Cookman. Postgame grief counseling will be available for the Wildcats.
• Miami over Savannah State. It won’t be a matter of them covering the spread, but will they cover by halftime?