Here we are, folks: entering season number five covering Boston College sports on Soaring to Glory. This year kicks off with the Eagles’ home opener this Saturday against the Villanova Wildcats.
Villanova at BC: Us
• Head Coach Steve Addazio (1st; 0-0)
• Last season: 2-10 (1-7 ACC)
• Last season at home: 2-4
• 7-0 against FCS teams since FCS name rolled out in 2006
• Has not opened a season at 1-0 since 2010
Villanova at BC: Them
• Head Coach Andy Talley (29th; 198-120-1)
• Last season: 8-4 (6-2 CAA)
• Last season on the road: 5-2
• Last win vs. FBS team in 2009 (Temple); 2009 national champions
Villanova at BC: The Game
• 46th all-time meeting between Eagles and Wildcats; last meeting 1980
• BC 29-15-1 all-time against Villanova (22-9-1 at home)
• Saturday, August 31, 2013, 12pm ET
• Alumni Stadium, Chestnut Hill, MA
• Forecast: Partly cloudy, 81
• STG Preseason Difficulty Rank: 12th of 12
Villanova at BC: The Line
• Favorite: Boston College -15.5
My guess for an opening line (which, by the way, was very hard to find since it’s an FBS/FCS game) would have been about 20, but considering that BC is a rebuilding project at the bottom of the BCS conferences and FCS is ranked #5 in the FCS preseason poll, this is fair.
If Boston College wins on Saturday, it will be the first time since the end of the 2010 season that they have had a winning record. It’s been a long time, and we all deserve something in the win column. Villanova, though a very good FCS team, provides the Eagles an opportunity for exactly that.