On Monday afternoon, the expanded Atlantic Coast Conference released its new schedule for the 2013 football season, finalizing BC’s schedule. The Boston College Eagles will face the following teams:
(1) August 31: vs. Villanova
(2) Sept. 6: vs. Wake Forest
(3) Sept. 14: at USC
(4) Sept. 21: BYE
(5) Sept. 28: vs. Florida State
(6) Oct. 5: vs. Army
(7) Oct. 12: at Clemson
(8) Oct. 19: BYE
(9) Oct. 26: at North Carolina
(10) Nov. 2: vs. Virginia Tech
(11) Nov. 9: at New Mexico State
(12) Nov. 16: vs. NC State
(13) Nov. 23: at Maryland
(14) Nov. 30: at Syracuse
A few things stand out:
• BC has two bye weeks and opens the season in August.
• A majority of the second half of the season is on the road.
• There is a rare Friday night game in early September against Wake Forest.
There are no Thursday night games for the Eagles yet again this season, with the last having been in 2011 against Florida State.
It was announced in the morning that the Stony Brook Seawolves, intended to be BC’s opponent in Week 1, have been dropped from the schedule and replaced with the Villanova Wildcats. Please note that the linked article has the season opening on August 30; BC’s official schedule says August 31.
Aside from any of these other considerations, it is impossible to know at this time how the schedule will play out for BC or what it could even conceivably be like. Spring practice only starts this week for the Eagles; venturing a guess at BC’s likely record would be pointless, especially given that there’s a new coach and system that we’ve not yet seen.