On Friday afternoon, the Dayton Flyers defeated the Boston College Eagles, 87-71. BC basketball falls to 1-2 on the new season and will look to avoid an 0-fer in their final game of the Charleston Classic on Sunday against its host team.
At first glance, the final score is very disappointing for the Eagles, but is not entirely unexpected when one considers their Thursday performance. Boston College gave the Baylor game everything they had, so it is not inconceivable that they would not be up to a quick turnaround the next afternoon.
Some things to take away from this game:
• Patrick Heckmann played 17 minutes with no turnovers and 13 points.
• BC shot a respectable 49% from the field.
• Dayton shot 62% from the field and 57% from beyond the arc (bad defense across the board).
• Lonnie Jackson just 2-for-9 from the field again
• BC never in the game in the second half.
• Only 19 minutes from Dennis Clifford.