Soaring to Glory is opening up Christmas Week — between here and the big day, we will feature at least five Christmas-themed Boston College sports articles. Let me first wish a Merry Christmas to those of you who do celebrate and Happy Holidays to those who don’t.
Whether or not people have anything to do with the faith aspect of Christmas, or even celebrate Christmas at all, just about everybody wants presents. Even if you don’t, I’m sure there are a few things you would like to see happen to Boston College sports in 2012. Here, therefore, is a BC sports wish list.
If you could only choose three from this list, which would they be?
• A football offense.
• Something to cheer about next football season.
• An ACC basketball win.
• A second ACC basketball win.
• As many ACC basketball wins as BC needs to have a better overall record than Wake last year.
• Another Beanpot title.
• Another Hockey East title.
• More Frozen Four runs for the men’s and women’s hockey teams.
• A football coach who doesn’t run out the clock with 1:19 and two timeouts.
• An update on Kevin Rogers’ health status.
• A relevant BC athletics program.
• The return of Luke Kuechly; short of that, a successful pro career for him.
• A productive final season for Montel Harris.
• An explosion in popularity of Donahue’s Disciples.
• An athletic director who thinks the fans matter.
• At least one other non-revenue sport winning a conference and/or national title.